Friday, June 27, 2008

Mon Dieu Maxxx!!!

No no no..before you run away, this has nothing to do with religion or related garbage. It's just that the situation at hand (if it still is in hand!) quite simply deserved a re-hash of the title I used previously. What situation? This:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/HRD_orders_faculty_quota_IIT_directors_livid/articleshow/3173620.cms

Ok, so why am I harping on quotas again? Can't I give it a rest? Yes. And No. How can someone possibly stay quiet when Miss Calamity D. Cataclysm sweetly knocks on your front door? Oh, and D stands for Disaster. So, is it
really such a rude shock to hear that half of the people who get to teach us are going to ..err...be very reserved in nature? Maybe not, considering the government's recent ruthless agenda to treat the IITs with unmatched contempt that would make what Saddam Hussein faced a mere peck-on-the-cheek.
16 IITs + 49.5% reservation for students + 49.5% reservation for faculty = Country willingly donated to the canines. Can probably be called the
Philips Equation : Scores highly in both Sense and Simplicity.
Either the people at the centre who took this decision are so unfathomably dumb they cannot foresee what's going to happen, or a safer bet would be...well, the V.O.T.E.S. Now, I'm not going to make a set of statements about what going to happen because of this new development and how exactly the canines are going to tear the country apart (pun, if found, intended) partly because I've done just that in the previous entry and I find it slightly boring to go through all that. Anyway, obvious ain't it? No? It's like this:
Student X: Hey man, wassup? What about your EAMCET result?
Student Y: Ammo, don't ask... 40,000. Now, I cannot get local college because
too much competiton.
X: Hmm, that's definitely bad. What about JEE?
Y: That is better only. AIR 25,000. Easily I can get IIT. 80%
reservation noo.. Maybe I will go to IIT. Many are there na..
X: What??? Are you crazy????
Y: I am not
crazy. I am category!!
X: Oh yea, forgot....sorry. So... any chance of me getting into IIT ?
(What am I asking?? )
Y: Difficult yaar.. U can try in AU or OU. That is better. Slightly more
your
kind
of students and profs.
After 3.5 years, they get to meet:
X: Hi man..How have you been? How's IIT?
Y: Oh, IIT is great. You know, I should havecupped in 6 courses so far.
But peace profs. My caste only, they gave good grades.They don't
give cups to us.
X: (
What the Hell!!) Lovely! So, nobody gets cups?
Y: No no..Junta get cups. I think they are from forward castes. A
'reservation' friend almost got
a cup from bad prof, but we all students
protested. He didn't get. Peace naa..
X: Yea..(
damn peaceful). By the way, we are having very good placements. I
also got a nice placement, but I'm thinking of dropping it and doing MS.
What about u?
Y: My placements were also wonderful. I got placed in first week...
X: Ahh...and placements lasted for?
Y: Three days. Four companies came. Highest pay was 3 lakh!! Wow kada...
X: Oh yea, awesome. Mindblowing... (
lol).
Such a conversation is unrealistic and isn't really convincing but hey, 50 years ago when the IITs were setup, no one in their right senses could've forseen the beautiful situation that we have now. Hoping for more bizzare things to happen is probably very wise and is only a matter of time...

Stretching the topic more than this would perhaps be extremely dumb on my part though there are a lot of points going through my mind. But I bet, they would be hardly original and an actual discussion would be more entertaining than writing everything down here. So, signing off with a few readers opinions I found in the link above which I feel describe my personal feelings closely (almost)... Oh, and do leave your comments. Even if you think I'm marking bad or barking mad.



Parvinder,Delhi,says:I think Arjun singh should be hanged immediately...He is dividing the country on the basis of casre/religion.Morever He is compromising with the quality also.....I do not know what our stupid PM is doing.....He can not do anything....

rahul,chennai,says:Why don't they just open a separate IIT with reserved faculty and reserved students!

Utkarsh ,IIT Delhi,says:the two things that Indians are mad about are IITs and cricket....now that the IITs are down, the HRD should introduce quota in the Indian cricket team too...


rohit agarwal,IIT BOMBAY,says:ye kya ho raha hai..i wudnt be surprised if 10 yrs frm now wen i pick up the times of india..it will read "GENERAL category to be offered reservation!".. SAVE INDIA--ENCOURAGE POLITICIANS TO DRINK n DRIVE

Sanjay,USA,says:Well done. These politians are the reason we are still called 3rd world country and will be called so .... yeah, India Shining...

xyz,hyd,says:Arjun singh must be shot dead.

Cheers!!!
Ravi.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Khel khatam dukan bandh.....
thats it reservation has reached its limits now.....
introducing reservation in teaching profession is insane
God save India.....unless we do something abt it....

Ravi... said...

Sadly, it looks like neither God nor we can do anything about it...Musukoni kurchovadam is on the cards though I hate that way out. NKS will have company now. Konda maxx junta..

Unknown said...

A bit late but well done. I was directed here by your reply to my post (glad to know you blog). I wanted to write a bit on the issue myself. People like Arjun Singh and Chidambaram are a menace. Their claims for reservations are neither supported by any evidence,(noone knows what fraction of our poulation is OBC, and there is a huge disparity in all commission reports) nor by the people.